- Exhibitions on issues related to peace, conflict and war
- Event space for Peace prize-giving, launches, corporate events and weddings
- Visits by Nobel Peace Laureates, other peace activists and world leaders
- A shop, café and restaurant
- Debates, seminars & concerts
- Workshop, meeting and office space
- Education team working with schools in the Peace Building and through outreach programmes across the UK
- Dedicated children’s spaces indoors and outdoors
- Reference library and art gallery
- Peace garden and memorials
Mobile amphitheatre seating might be used to create a sculptural addition to the gallery space and provide an informal area for talks and events. An open-plan approach for workshops, seminars, film screenings and lectures will encourage interaction, participation, and a cross-pollination of ideas.
A separate, contained studio space will be designed to support events and activities – including physical and mental wellbeing-based practices. This space will be connected to the building entrance in order to welcome and encourage use of the space by the local community and others.
A resource centre will house the archive material held at the Peace Building. This space will be provide a quiet learning hub. The resource centre will serve as a ‘toolkit’ for peace projects – housing physical archives as well as digital resources and information.
The shop will offer a range of merchandise opportunities; but more importantly serve to extend the resources of the Peace Building and its archive to visitors. The space will be accessible and open-plan, encouraging people to browse, interact and engage with others.
A series of flexible meeting spaces will provide areas for peace-based organisations, visiting groups and professionals to meet and conduct workshops. The spaces will be versatile in order to respond to different group sizes and functions – and will offer a pleasant, calm, non-formal vibe.
The central space of the building will be an open-plan, flexible area – providing an open-plan gallery space at the heart of the building; an open resource for exhibitions that are easily accessible to visitors.
An informal café, with an open-plan aspect to the rest of the building, will provide a warm welcome to the building. Hot-desking, meeting and dining will combine to encourage interaction in a warm and inviting environment.
The space to transform our world…